For reference, here’s last week’s data.
Not a good week for training. I’ve sustained a potentially serious injury and marathon and bike-ride plans are in jeopardy. Read on…
- My IT-Band (or whatever it is) injury got markedly worse on Tuesday. The pain area is on the outer-right leg, about half way up the calf-muscle. I did a 2 mile on Tuesday (fast run) and afterwards it got hard to walk. I’ve been limping since then.
- Secondly, I kept eating as though I was running and biking at the same pace, so weight crept (way) up.
- And then lastly, my general bummed-outness about this meant I skipped the weight-room.
Not a good week at all and the low point so far since I started this transformation effort last July.
My right outer leg is sore to the touch, which could be several things, none of which are good. I have an ortho appointment on Monday the 16th to see what’s going on. To make matters worse, I kept eating at the same pace as before, even though I wasn’t working out as much, and weight crept up.
Essentially, big piles of suckage!
Of course, I’m running naked which makes this both harder and easier: Harder, because I have to admit in front of a public audience that I overdid it. Easier, because I can ask for your help and support.
To that end, any suggestions readers have on things to do or try to hasten my recovery are really appreciated (can’t guarantee I’ll try everything, but I do want to get safely recovered as soon as possible so I still have a shot at the marathon). You can leave a comment, or reach me at “art (at) abclarke.com.” See my current plan below.
- See an ortho specialist this week to figure out what actually happened, and what sort of recovery time I’m looking at. I’ll keep y’all posted.
- Rest, rest, rest. No running or biking until I know what’s going on. That pretty much restricts me to upper-body and core work in the gym.
- That said I’m going to try to be good about going to the gym so my upper body remembers what that’s like.
- Cut back on calorie intake to 2,000-2,250 calories-per-day target to get weight back under control.
- And lastly, smile, because although it does suck, I’m still alive, mostly healthy, and (despite this minor setback) still one of the luckiest guys in the world.
I now have copies of bike and run targets (in gray) in dashboard. As with last week, data is presented in SOAP Note format.