No changes to presentation this week. For reference, here’s last week’s data. As with last week, data is presented in SOAP Note format:
- I’m still lacking copies of the bike and running training plans (hence no gray areas).
- Got eating back under control – targeted 2,500 to 2,750 calories a day.
- My right IT-Band has been acting up for 3 weeks now.
- Lower running mileage this week as per Team Continuum training plan – but much faster than normal.
- I didn’t get a long ride in on Sunday because… well, I didn’t get to bed on Saturday night until 4am. I had tons of fun, but I’m not young enough for that J
- No spinning on Thursday because I took my wife out to dinner instead.
Click here for a PDF version of my dashboard.
Well, couple of observations:
- Good: weight-room work-outs were good this week. Core getting stronger.
- Good: put life ahead of training on Thursday and Saturday (biking mileage is down as a result, but “Happy Wife” == “Happy Life”) and this was good.
- Good: running speed continues to increase. I did the race part of my long run (8.6 miles) in 71 minutes, which is fast for me.
- Watch: Weight is up but body fat percentage is declining which suggests I’m adding more muscle than fat (but still need to watch here).
- Bad: My shoulder injury from some weeks ago is still there. My friend JK suggested I get my bike fitted, so I’m doing that this Thursday.
- Bad: My IT-Band on the right side is quite sore. I bought new shoes (3rd pair in 3 months) on Sunday to see if that helps. I’m also taking Monday off to let it rest.
- Keep constraints on eating, at the range to 2,500-2,750 calories per day. Keep body-fat at current % level or below, and focus on abs/core in weight room.
- Give IT-Band some time to heal, lightening up on running if necessary.
- Get at least one long bike ride in this week.
- Get copies of training plans so I can show targets for run and bike.
- Start taking photos to track progress (as per a few requests), and if I get brave enough, actually post them.