- I’ve added gray areas in the weekly graphs that show the target where the lines should be. I don’t have targets yet for bike and run, but hopefully will have them next week.
- I really relaxed my eating this week (ate whatever I wanted) and my energy level was way higher. This is good, that said…
- I got very unrestricted later in the week, and averaged over 3,000 calories a day and body fat crept up slightly. I’m now in danger of missing my November 10-12% target, but…
- I used two other alternate measurements of body-fat this week. On the Tanita “Athlete” setting on my scale, I’m getting an 8% measurement. At the gym using the caliper method, I’m getting a 10% measurement. Lastly, using the “mirror” test, I’m happier with my overall fat composition, but my abs/core need work.
- My shoulder hampered me on my long ride on Sunday, so I cut it short from a 65-mile target to a 38-mile ride.
Hit two personal bests this week. Longest run (Saturday): 10.18 miles. Fastest 4-mile run ever (Friday): 4 miles in 30’20” (with half-mile warm up and cool down).
Well, couple of observations:
- Good: 2 personal bests! It appears that upping calories was a good call.
- Good: Back in weight room which was a miss last week, and abs / core are definitely getting stronger.
- Watch: Need to start watching calorie intake again, but increasing my target is the way to go.
- Bad: My shoulder injury from some weeks ago is still there. Not much I can do here except work on my core/abs to make sure I have good support during rides (keep shoulders relaxed), but this is an injury I’m just going to have to grit out.
- Put constraints back on eating, but up my calories officially from 2,000-2,250 range to 2,500-2,750 range.
- For now, keep body-fat at current level or below, and focus on training over body-fat for a few weeks to see if abs/core work gets me where I want anyway.
- Get copies of training plans so I can show targets for run and bike.