Wow… it’s been a while since I posted. But here goes.
As a reminder here was my set of 2008 fitness goals outlined in this post. The goals were:
- Complete the Philadelphia Triathlon on June 22th.
- Complete the New York Marathon on November 2nd.
- Increase my weight to around 175-180 lbs by end of 2008, but keep my waist around 32-inches (i.e. muscle, not fat).
How’d I do?
Well, as I posted in my last post, I successfully ran the Philly Triathlon. And believe it or not, I completed my first Marathon on November 2nd in New York, finishing in a time of 4:20, despite having a severely strained calf muscle and having to walk in a boot for 4 weeks afterwards (don’t ask). As for the third goal… as of right now I’m 165 still.
That said, something had to give as a lot of other things have been going on in my life.
For example, in July J and I packed our bags of New York and moved back to San Francisco so she could start her long-term career at UCSF.
At the same time, the pace at my company really started ramping up with a co-founder onboard. How much. Well as of right now, here’s where we are:
- We’ve officially launched the beta of our first product, a free and open-source tool that lets Java programmers modify live Internet-broadcasted video on the fly.
- We came out of hiding with our official company name: www.xuggle.com
- And we’ll be “officially” launching on-stage at the FITC conference in Amsterdam Feb 24-26.
All in, I’m quite happy with 2008.
For 2009, my fitness goals are:
- maintain current weight, and try to run at least 3 times per week
That’s it. Because I have a sneaking suspicious that work might be a little crazy this year.
As for blogging, personal blogging is taking a backseat to company blogging. That said, if you want to keep in touch, I still monitor the comments, or send me e-mail at art.clarke(at)gmail.com
Thanks to anyone who’s still reading.